While most dentists would agree that it’s almost always preferable to keep your natural teeth, sometimes that is just not possible. Dr. Klingsporn may recommend tooth extractions for a number of reasons – from a single badly decayed tooth that cannot be saved to gum disease to a variety of other reasons. The good news is that tooth extractions are actually fairly common and involve a much easier process than you may think. Dr. Klingsporn offers tooth extractions as one of the many services he provides to his patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.
Top Reasons to Visit Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry for Tooth Extractions
- Most people who need to have a tooth pulled are suffering from pain and discomfort. Fortunately, those problems are alleviated once the tooth is gone and the gums have healed.
- Once your tooth is extracted, Dr. Klingsporn can offer a variety of means to replace the tooth, meaning that you can once again return to a full set of functioning teeth.
- Dr. Klingsporn offers patients a variety of sedation techniques which make tooth extraction a much more comfortable procedure.
Important Information about Tooth Extraction
The prospect of having a tooth pulled is usually not pleasant for most patients. But the truth is that tooth extraction is usually completed quite quickly and is not nearly as uncomfortable as most people imagine it would be. Once the procedure is done, Dr. Klingsporn provides patients with a complete set of instructions to follow at home to ensure that patients heal as quickly as possible.
Reasons for Tooth Extractions
Dr. Klingsporn may recommend tooth extractions for any of the following reasons:
- If you have a tooth that is severely decayed and has an infected pulp, a root canal may not always resolve the problem. In these instances, Dr. Klingsporn may recommend that the tooth be pulled.
- If you suffer from gum disease that has loosened one or more teeth, extraction may be the only solution.
- If your immune system is compromised in some way, it’s often better to simply extract a tooth rather than run the risk of infection.
Call Our Office Today
For more information about tooth extraction, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Klingsporn, contact our office today. We are pleased to serve patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.