From a dentist’s perspective – and from a patient’s perspective too – it’s almost always preferable to save your natural teeth if at all possible. Losing even a single tooth can have a negative impact on your oral health. That’s why root canals are so important. These procedures often save teeth that might otherwise be lost or need to be extracted. Dr. Klingsporn is pleased to offer root canals as one of the many services he provides to his Austin, TX area patients.
Three Great Reasons to Visit Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry for Root Canals
- When a tooth is very badly decayed and/or becomes infected, a root canal is an effective way to save the tooth
- Most of the time, the affected tooth will be completely functional after the root canal
- Although the idea of a root canal may be intimidating for some patients, it’s actually a very common procedure that can be completed relatively easily
Important Information about Root Canals
The procedure involved in root canals includes removing the nerve and pulp from the affected tooth, and sealing it off. Since you don’t need either the pulp or the nerve of the tooth in order for the tooth to be completely functional, a root canal is often a great way to preserve the natural tooth. The procedure normally requires two trips to our office.
When Are Root Canals Necessary?
Although some patients require a root canal and never even realize it until their dentist tells them, there are typically some symptoms that indicate a root canal may be necessary. Some of these include:
- A bad toothache that worsens when you apply pressure
- A tooth that is discolored
- Gums that are tender and/or swollen around a particular tooth
- A tooth that is sensitive to hot and cold
Contact Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry Today
For more information about root canals, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Klingsporn, contact our office today. We are pleased to serve patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.