It’s pretty obvious that going to the dentist on a regular basis is important to maintain the health of your teeth and gums. But it’s also important for another reason: oral cancer screening. Not all dentists perform this type of screening, but it’s vital to not only your oral health but your overall health as well. Dr. Klingsporn provides regular oral cancer screening to his patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.
Top Reasons to Visit Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry for Oral Cancer Screening
- Oral cancer can be life-threatening, and you may never know you have it until it has advanced to a stage where it’s difficult to treat
- Oral cancer screening is fast and simple for your dentist to perform
- There are a variety of procedures that can be used to effectively check for oral cancer in dental patients
Different Methods of Oral Cancer Screening
Like any form of cancer, oral cancer can be deadly and much more difficult to treat if it’s not detected early. Although not all dentists perform this type of screening, we believe that it’s a vital service to perform for all of our patients, which is why Dr. Klingsporn makes it a regular part of his exams. There are several methods that can be used for oral cancer screening, including:
- Use of a special light that makes normal tissue appear dark and any abnormal tissue (i.e., possibly cancerous areas) appear light in color.
- Visually inspecting your mouth to look for tissue that looks unusual or questionable.
- Use of a mouth rinse that makes abnormal tissue appear blue in color.
Remember that visiting your dentist is important for many reasons – not only to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy, but also to ensure that you and your family are free from more serious health issues that you may never even know you have without oral cancer screening.
Contact Our Office Today
To find out what methods of oral cancer screening Dr. Klingsporn uses, or to schedule an appointment, contact our office today.