TMJ, or temporomandibular joint disorder, affects countless people throughout the US and around the world. This painful condition can make it difficult to chew or open your mouth wide, and can have a devastating impact on the quality of your sleep. Dr. Klingsporn is pleased to provide TMJ Disorder Therapy to his patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.
Top Reasons to Visit Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry for TMJ Disorder Therapy:
- TMJ can be extremely painful and only gets worse if left untreated
- TMJ can disrupt your sleep patterns, leading to fatigue and all the problems associated with that
- TMJ can cause your teeth to be overly sensitive, which can lead to difficulty chewing and/or restricting the foods and drinks you can comfortably enjoy
Important Information about TMJ Disorder Therapy
Your temporomandibular joint is located in the spot where your jaw opens and closes and is associated with the nerves that surround this joint. If TMJ is left untreated, it can result in damage to your teeth, muscle damage, or even damage to the temporomandibular joint itself. That’s why it’s so important to have this condition treated as soon as possible.
There are several symptoms that indicate you may be experiencing TMJ disorder, including the following:
- Pain, soreness or stiffness in your jaw
- Earaches that extend into your facial area
- Soreness in front of your ear
- Popping or grinding noises that occur when you open your mouth
- Overly sensitive teeth
- Pains in your neck
- Headaches on the sides of your head
- Teeth grinding while you sleep
- Limited range of motion or locking of the jaw in either the closed or open position
Fortunately, there are several methods of treatment that Dr. Klingsporn can recommend to treat this painful condition.
Contact Our Office Today
If you believe that you or someone in your family is suffering from TMJ disorder, contact our office today to schedule an appointment with Klingsporn. We are pleased to treat patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.