When it comes to good oral health, gums are every bit as important as teeth. And, just as is the case with teeth, gums aren’t always perfect. That’s when gum contouring can really help patients. Whether you want a smile that shows less gums and more teeth, or you’re suffering from an impacted tooth that can’t quite break through the gum surface, Dr. Klingsporn can help to reshape your gums. The results can be positively dramatic! We are pleased to offer this service to our patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.
Top Reasons to Visit Boulder Canyon Family Dentistry for Gum Contouring:
- Improving the appearance of your smile works wonders in boosting your self-esteem.
- Gum contouring is an effective way to treat conditions such as impacted teeth or to reduce frenum tissue (see description below).
- Gum contouring is a surprisingly fast, simple procedure and is virtually pain-free.
What You Need to Know about Gum Contouring
The gum contouring procedure involves the use of a diode laser to alter the shape of the gum tissue. Because a laser is used, gums heal quickly and bleeding is reduced. Even better – the procedure is virtually painless!
Dr. Klingsporn may recommend gum contouring for any of the following reasons:
- Excessive gums: Some people have gums that come down too far over their front teeth, a condition that is sometimes called a “gummy smile.” Gum contouring can reduce the amount of gum tissue covering the front teeth, which can often result in a dramatic difference in the patient’s smile.
- Impacted teeth: Some patients experience pain and discomfort when teeth don’t completely erupt through gum tissue. This condition is called “impacted teeth.” Fortunately, gum contouring can alleviate the discomfort associated with this problem.
- Frenectomy: Some people have excess frenum tissue, which is the portion of the gum tissue that connects the gums to the upper lip. Gum contouring can be an excellent way to resolve this problem.
Contact Our Office Today
For more information about gum contouring, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Klingsporn, contact our office today. We are pleased to provide services for patients from throughout the Austin, TX area.